Monday, November 14, 2011

Who is........MusicniQ?

Who is MusicniQ?? Well, MusicniQ is fearless. She writes songs that has a lot of meaning and some that might not mean nothing at all. Either way the wind blows, she takes time with all her writings and has so much passion for the art of music.  She wants to be diverse and write for any and every genre of music that is out there. She is far from a one dimensional song writer. MusicniQ is a woman that dreams big and isn't afraid to go after what she believes. She doesn't care about the fame, she just wanna be, she just wanna be successful in anything she puts her hands on. Besides that she is a mother, a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a friend, an aunt and most importantly, MusicniQ is ME!! 


What started the MusicniQ movement? I remember having an interest in writing at the age of 13. I would write short stories and poems. I always wanted to publish a poem book *still am one day*, that was a major goal of mines. Writing was just that escape of reality for me. I realized that I could be who I truly wanted to be, I could express myself without feeling like people was judging me. Especially during that time because my classmates would always make fun of me. I had thee worst acne, I didn't wear name brand clothes so I wasn't what children considered to be cool. I never was the one to fit in with the "IN" crowd. So a pen and a pad was always  my best friend. When I entered High School, I used to freestyle little rhymes in my away status' when AIM was popular. Some of my friends would say yo, I wouldn't be shocked if I heard that shit on the radio. *ding* yup that light bulb turned the hell on so quick I tell ya lol. I appreciate my friends that gave me that idea cause I don't even think they know that they were the ones that helped create MusicniQ! 

What Inspired/inspires me? Of course my daughter inspires me to continue doing what i'm doing. It was plenty of times I wanted to give up, I was impatient and was just going to settle for a 9 to 5 life. But then I looked at her and she's so full of joy and energy, just so carefree that reminded me of how I was when I was younger. How I had so many dreams and goals, and I never let any situation stop Niqua from doing Niqua!!  So, I put my game face on and was like it's time to rock out. I made a promise to myself to work hard NOW so my daughter doesn't have to work hard LATER!! Also, when I was going to Queensborough Community College for music, that was one of the best decisions I made. Before, I was like yea I like music and just knew things on the surface. But when I went there, all that changed!! I was introduced to all types of music, a lot of things I thought I wouldn't like, started to become things I couldn't stop listening to. One of my Prof. was interested in me and put me in a concert. Hearing my song, sung for the first time, oh man....It breathed new air into me. I know, I know that shit was SO cheesy but it is what it is! 

What did I accomplish? I accomplished getting over my fear of succeeding and being shy. Now I have no problem with singing my verses and hooks, even if I sound like garbage lol... SO WHAT!!??!! The whole purpose is that things has to get done and I have to take charge. Thinking positive really does go alooooooooong way and being around positive ppl that's DOING the damn thing is key. The company you keep does show a lot about who you are. Your friends are a reflection of you. So if you hang out with nothing but birds, welp you know the rest. I'm learning that you have to dress the part, so you can attract people's eyes. You have to talk the part, so you can keep their attention and you have to BE the part so that you can earn people's respect. 


Where I am now?? I am still in the learning process, grooming my abilities and skills as a writer. I notice myself getting better and better and now certain things just come to me so easy. Been networking with a few ppl and building a team because I know that having a strong team standing next to you will maintain success all around. No matter what some people might say, you can't do it all on your own. 


THE MAIN OBJECTIVES: spread my word through the mouths of other people. I was never the type to want to be in the spotlight, I like being behind the scenes, being in control of a product and having it come out the way I want it. I want to use this as a platform for other things, but that is another topic :) I feel like I am a rose bud just waiting to blossom and spread my sweet smelly goodness around the world. Even though I think roses stink, but still ya'll get what i'm saying : D 




              MusicniQ xoxo

1 comment: