Friday, November 18, 2011

My Community thru My Eyes

I've spoke on this topic many times before, but never how I wanted to. The black community is the only one that I know that does NOT support each other as much as they should. And if people do, it's because they want to benefit from it some kind of way. We are not winning!! It's so much hate toward each other and it's crazy that there is racism within our own community. Yes, skin color does matter to some people. If you're light you're RIGHT, if you're dark you're in the wrong skin. I've heard and read it all. We already have a disadvantage and the fact that our own race is not making it no better at all is just crazy as hell.


 Lack of support. I don't see enough unity, enough love and support. When people do good, look good or whatever, a person is quick to say what's wrong with it instead of just giving props when props is due. I say use all that energy to get your stuff right. Let that be the fuel to the fire. Another thing that plucks a nerve is when people say that person "ain't shit" cause of what he/she is wearing. Why is fashion such an important thing? Why do I have to spend $1,000 on a pair of shoes just for a person to think i'm "cool". I say if you want to impress somebody that bad, use that money to do some shit. Buy a house, buy a car, travel, get some things that is worth it. If you have it fine, do what you do but a lot of people is not living that life so why does that make them less of a person? Shit if you don't like me, you just don't like me and that shouldn't be based on what I wear, but by my character.  And instead of buying all that and going broke and making that designer wealthy, why don't you make your own clothing and BE WEALTHY yourself. Spending all that money on that when people can just invest in themselves and their future. 


A lot of people don't think that music is the cause of certain things happening. I totally disagree. If a person is listening to nothing but shoot em up songs 10, 20 times per day, you are indeed getting BRAINWASHED my friend. IDC, some of these guys rapping about that is not living that life. They are business men making a profit. Some people look up to them so much and think its iight. NA!! And i'm not saying all because a lot of people listen to that kind of stuff on a regular and don't take those words serious, but a lot of people do. I'm not trying to blame certain music for other peoples actions, but that's how it seems in some situations. On the positive side, there are A LOT of artists that give back. Whether it's charities or they're own communities. And many artists makes positive music and use their platform for the better. 


Arabs, Chinese, Spanish, etc people have family owned businesses and they look out for each other. That's why you see them all in one company. They were raised to look out for each other and passed that down to their children and so fourth. I respect that and I've always admired that unity that other cultures have. In most black communities like the one I live in, we are not taught to go for your dreams, make your own business, get a career. We are taught to work hard for somebody else. We are taught to work hard at a JOB *Just over broke*. Or people encourage their children to go hard in sports so they can go pro. What about being a doctor and owning your own clinic or being a lawyer and owning your own law firm. Yea that's hard work too but at the end of the day you know you're going to be successful and do something you love. You won't be working hard just to stay in the same spot. That's like trying to walk down an escalator that goes up. You're not moving!!!


I want to make a change and that's the reason for this blog. But talk is cheap, why complain about something you are not willing to change?  But for now i'm starting with this and in the way I raise my daughter. It always starts in the home! Have to install morals, values, self worth and self esteem in your children or they have no chance. 


I'm missing some more examples I can go on for days. This is just one of those topics that I am passionate about. Some of these examples I heard from other people, I just wanted to add more to what they said because I totally agree. Once again thank you for taking the time out to read this, agree or disagree either way I have #muchLOVE for you :) 




                                   MS.NIQUA xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment