Saturday, November 12, 2011

Music to ME!

         Each century we entered a new era of music. From the Baroque period with their loud music and EVERYTHING over the top to the creation of Opera's and Orchestra's. The Classical period where everything was toned down and done to a science, to the Romantic period where people began to actually feel the music and used music as an emotional expression. Looking back at the history of music and how it developed over time is amazing. Then I start to think about the state of music now and hmmmmm... it's not all that great. 


        I'm not going to front, it is some songs out there that's hot, i'm not going to take away credit or bash music because everybody has their own style. But when I think of music and a song, to me it's suppose to make you feel good to your soul, if you play a certain song it takes you to a different place or a moment in time. It captures that mood you was in when you first heard it, or it even makes you think about that someone special or someone that is not so special. When you hear it, you get lost in the words because it's something you can relate to. Each time you play it, you hear different elements that you may not have heard the first 100 times, like a background vocal or a string pluck that went unnoticed. Then you keep going back just to hear that part you just discovered lol. I think that makes the song 10 times better. 

         I am more of a old school chick though. I love me some of that good ol' cookout music that used to be blasting that smooth melody that make you wanna get up and groove. Now it more of that "shake ya ass, booty pop pop pop" music. Let's not get it twisted, I be shaking my ass to it every now and then but the feeling is not the same. Some of the music right now I can't even imagine being passed down from generation to generation. Majority of the shit that gets played, we forget about in like 5 months, let's be honest. Too many gimmicks and NOT enough TALENT!! It seems to me that most ppl don't put soul or thought into music, they to busy trying to make a buck.

          Also, a lot of the music that is popular is brainwashing the younger folks. They see their favorite rapper or singer on the t.v. and think that it's instant fame. Trust me, it's hard work and half the time that shit is RENTED!! All apart of an image that half the time is not even who they really are.  Going on tour, and doing other business ventures is what gets them paid. You don't just hop on a track and oh yea you're rich. And it's no way in hell that in REAL LIFE you can shoot up everybody and do crack and not get arrested. Eventually you're gonna get caught. Making music about negative shit and making it seem like that's IT, is not IT. But wtf do I know?

         On the flipside there are a lot of artists putting soul and that good feeling back into music but it doesn't get played as much as I think it should. Artists that are promoting things other then sex, drugs, bitches and hoes is not getting the shine they deserve. At least that's the way I feel about it. But it's all good because we have writers like myself and lyricists like KimE. that's gon' make a difference one way or another. You have to create ya own wave and not be the splash in other peoples. With this being written, I am done.. over and out

            MUSICNIQ :D

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written , music should come from the soul and move you for the right reasons! great job!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry fist post I deleted. Posting on my phone is big mistake ;) can't see ;) keep writing!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete