Monday, November 21, 2011

The Amazing Diane Warren

My very first blog should have been on this topic!! I don't know what I was thinking.


Diane Warren is somebody that I was encouraged to research about in my music electronics class two semesters ago. When I looked her up, I was in AWE. She has her own music publishing company named REALSONGS, which was one of the top five. How many females do you hear about in the music industry that has their OWN SUCCESSFUL business?? Hmmmmmm i'll wait......... Diane has won countless amounts of awards and wrote for various people, in a variety of genres. She wrote Toni Braxton's "Unbreak my Heart", Reba McEntire "What If?", Xscape "The Arms of the one who loves You". She has written for Beyonce, Akon, Celine Dion, etc. Everything from writing #1 hits for movies, such as "Rhythm of the Night" For "The Last Dragon", to Aerosmith's "I Don't Wanna miss a thing". Just to name a few. I can't even type out EVERYTHING she has produced because she has done A LOT!! When I type A LOT I mean A LOT!!! You don't believe me, then just GOGGLE her :p


Point blank, I want to be like Diane Warren when I grow up!! *Not exactly like her, I want to be MusicniQ* lol She is truly amazing, incredible, creative and very versatile in her craft, which is what I aspire to be. She has written many songs that are CLASSICS!!!! She wasn't just a here today, people forget about you tomorrow type of person. Her lyrics live forever. I want to have that kind of an impact with my songs one day. I also look up to her because she is a woman that has established herself in the music industry. Like Diane, I want to open my own publishing company. She didn't  have that support from her mother on her "come up", but she did from her father. That is kind of like the same situation I was in when I first explained to my mother my choice of career. Reading her success story and her musical accomplishments just gave me that drive, like I can do anything I want to do by taking a RISK. By working hard, staying dedicated and keep pushing forward no matter what, even if people don't agree with some of your decisions. As long as you have faith in yourself and that hunger, it will happen. 


Thank You Diane Warren for everything you accomplished, being who you are and just having so much passion for music. Words can't even express how awesome you are!!! 




                                             MUSICNIQ xoxo


                                      

2 comments:

  1. Gosh you sound like me! I wish you so much in your endeavors. I've had my publishing since 99 and i just started getting serious with it about 2 years ago. iAMaSONGwriter Music Publishing Company is who i am and I too am so inspired, encouraged and motivated by Diane Warren. You already know so i don't need to go into details. I just got off the phone with Billboard b/c i missed the issue of her on the cover Oct 29th. However, there is an issue as they only show Miranda Lambert on file. They are looking into for me and will let me know by next Wed at latest (i'll call back if not). but just wanted to say i LOVE your blog and i'm just starting mine but i just have music on it. I know... not using it effectively as you have just showed me. i'm also in school online with Berklee Music pursuing my Master Certification in Music Business. Please lets keep in touch. i will friend you on twitter and FB. Take care!!! you can listen to some of my songs and lyrics at http://iamasongwriter.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much and I wish you the best and much success as well. Yes I know Diane is AMAAAAAAAAAAAZING!!!! That is wonderful, I hope that everything goes well with Billboard.. What kinds of music do you write?? I don't have a tumblr, so I don't know if they will allow me to listen to your songs. Maybe one day we can we can do business together. I would love to keep in touch, I followed you back on twitter, Thank you once again

    ReplyDelete